Garden Topics: Perennials
in the Garden - Ornamental grasses were
used in Victorian gardens nearly 100 years ago, but
they fell out of favor in the 1930's and were
forgotten for over fifty years.
Paint Your Fall Perennial Garden Colorful
It has been a strange gardening season.
An early spring got things up and blooming much sooner
than usual, and many perennials blossomed far ahead of
- Ideas for a Colorful Fall Perennial Garden -
Keep the beauty of your garden alive by adding
splashes of color with late blooming perennials.
Designing Your Perennial Garden
- It seems that every few days we have new
homeowners /new gardeners, seeking guidance on the
design and establishment of their first perennial
Doesn't my Peony Bloom? - While peonies
thrive for decades with little care, plants can
experience difficulties. Here's how to troubleshoot
- Perennials: Preparing For Winter - By now, most
of your planting and transplanting should be
finished but unplanted perennials still in pots are
vulnerable to freezing.
Perennials for Fall Season Color - As the lazy
days of summer draw to a close, it's a good time to
plant your autumn garden.
June is Perennial Garden Month - Now that you’ve
gotten your annuals and vegetables planted, it’s
time to look toward adding perennials to your
- Deer Resistant Spring Flowering Bulbs - If you
are plagued by deer browsing, consider spring bulbs
that are less tempting to deer.
- Start Planting this Fall! - Determine The
Most Pressing Landscape Problem and Start Planting.
- Designing with Daylilies - No flower offers more
variety, versatility and vigor than the daylily.
Designing your Perennial Garden - It seems that
every few days we have new homeowners /new
gardeners, seeking guidance on the design and
establishment of their first perennial gardens.
- 10 Best Flowering Sun Perennials for the
Pittsburgh Area - Everyone has their favorites, but
we at Reilly’s have found these 10 perennials are
perfect for the beginning Gardner and pro alike.
- Late Summer Bloomers Extend the Garden's Beauty - Perennials that peak in late summer ease the transition between the exuberant display of annuals and perennials in spring and summer and the cool, crisp blaze of trees in fall.